We are always looking for great people because we know great people are the key to all that we do!
The Host’s role is to warmly greet, seat and assist guests in accordance with matchbox
quality standards and appropriately manage guest flow. The Host is a hospitality professional who
is warm, genuine, and engaging, as well as efficient and accurate to ensure an extraordinary
experience for all our guests.
summary of essential functions
▪ Greets guests and facilitates seating guests per timing and service standards, which include
prolonged standing and walking throughout duration of shift
▪ Understands and effectively communicates with guests both in person and over the phone
ensuring clear expectations using prescribed verbiage
▪ Cleans and maintains an organized, stocked work area which include, restrooms and outside
perimeter of the restaurant
▪ May assist in clearing and cleaning tables which could require reaching, bending, stooping,
lifting and working with cleaning agents
▪ Knows the food and beverage menu, and is able to speak to the menu from memory.
▪ Completes side-work tasks as assigned
▪ My take to-go orders, which requires writing orders and ringing orders into the point of sale
▪ Navigates reservation/guest management system quickly and efficiently
▪ Understands and practices proper safe food and beverage handling procedures in accordance
with local government standards
▪ Experience in high-volume, upscale casual dining or an equivalent service environment
▪ High school diploma (or equivalent) required
▪ At least 18 years of age (unless permitted by law)
▪ High energy and stamina. Able to work within a fast-paced, highly mobile environment
▪ Able to stand and walk for up to 10 hours per day preferred
▪ Able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
▪ Able to work calmly and effectively under pressure
▪ Able to work flexible shifts and schedules, inclusive of weekends, and some holidays
▪ Certified in (or able to be certified in) responsible alcohol service (as required by state
or local law)
▪ Able to perform essential functions and demonstrate competencies to company standards with
▪ Able to communicate effectively in the primary language of the work location (verbal and
TO APPLY, please reply via email with your resume file attached (pdf, docx, or doc) and cover letter in the body of the email. Please do not copy and paste resume.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers