Old Town Pour House Gaithersburg Seeking a Restaurant Manager! (Gaithersburg)
compensation: Commensurate with Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
If you’re a seasoned Restaurant Manager with a passion for excellent food, beer and hospitality, then you’ve come to the right place!
At Old Town Pour House Bottleneck Management), we’re beer geeks, not beer snobs. We house 90 local and global varieties of craft beer on draft and proudly boast a chef-driven scratch kitchen, making us a unique marriage of best beer bar and delightful restaurant. Above all, we are genuine people offering genuine hospitality in an upbeat and energetic atmosphere.
Poised for nationwide growth, we are seeking a talented and ambitious Restaurant Manager for our SUCCESSFULGaithersburg location to hop on board and be part of the exciting journey ahead. Sound like you? Then we would love to hear from you!
What You Will Need:
• 2-3 years of full-service FOH management experience in a high-volume restaurant
• Experience in leading, coaching and developing a management team
• Skills in leading hourly teams and working collaboratively and cohesively with FOH, BOH and corporate-level leadership
• High quality standards
• Ability to problem solve, make decisions, and stay organized in a busy environment
• Ability to work effectively in a systematic and structured environment
• Not ready to apply? Feel free to keep an eye on our available career opportunities via our website: https://www.bottleneckmgmt.com/restaurant-careers/
What We Offer:
• Competitive Compensation
• Bonus Program
• Restaurant Discounts
• Excellent Benefits & 401(k)
• Career Development and Advancement Opportunities
• So much more!
• Bottleneck Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Restaurant Managers are a key part of our team, and critical to providing genuine hospitality. They are energetic, excited to grow in the hospitality industry and care about their team. The Manager supports the General Manager in fueling manager and staff development, maximizing profitability, driving their location to achieve at high levels, assess quality in every facet of the business and ensure that Bottleneck culture is maintained. They will assist in setting a tone of professionalism, teamwork, hospitality, work ethic and excellence for the staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (including but not limited to):
• Daily interaction, leading and supervision of employees
• Lead the process of employee interviewing, hiring, training, development and retention.
• Scheduling, conducting, and the documentation of employee performance reviews according to standard operating procedure.
• Assist with identifying, training and developing key employees for growth, advancement and promotion.
• Promote teamwork among co-workers and employees.
• Uphold applicable policies and requirements of employment laws.
• Become proficient in all job functions of both front and back of house employees.
• Organize and conduct periodic informational seminars for employees.
• Have thorough understanding of and practice Employee Handbook, employee benefits, and company philosophies.
• Perform varied duties to ensure proper restaurant operation according to standard operating procedure.
• Complete opening sanitation checklist, assign sanitation projects to hourly staff and follow up with employees to ensure their completion.
• Comprehend and adhere to all sanitation and safety guidelines as prescribed by federal, state, and local regulations.
• Communicate repair and maintenance needs to General Manager and/or appropriate repair source.
• Become proficient in the use of all restaurant computer equipment, including the Point of Sale system, Avero, Kronos, Open Table, Frequent Diner and Gift Certificate terminals, and credit card terminals.
• Responsible for the security, balancing and preparing of all cash banks.
• Inventory and order appropriate restaurant supplies i.e. liquor, food, linen, paper goods, cleaning supplies, general restaurant supplies etc.
• Move safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven and slick surfaces.
• Pass a food and beverage test in English with a score of 90% or more.
• Pass an Alcohol Awareness test in English with a score of 90% or more.
• Be able to stand and walk for an entire shift.
• Communicate cordially, effectively and clearly with all employees, managers, partners and guests.
• Communicate in English in order to comprehend and perform/follow job requirements in written and spoken direction.
• Be able to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends and increased work schedules.
• Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature levels.
• Lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Accessibility varies by location.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers