compensation: This is an hourly position-Prince George's County employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
The Holiday Inn Greenbelt is looking for Guest Service Agents with a bubbly personality and a love for Customer Service.
We are looking a for 2 part time people to round out our team (this position has the potential for full time). Nights, Weekends and Holidays are a must.
· Register guests and assigns rooms.
· Welcomes guests with a smile and positive attitude
· Guest-related problem solving within the scope of authority.
· Generates reports for Front Desk, Sales, Engineering, and Housekeeping.
· Accommodates special requests whenever possible.
· Assists in pre-registration and blocking of rooms for reservations.
· Thoroughly understand and adheres to proper credit and cash handling policies and procedures.
· Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates
· .Must be sales-minded. Presents options and alternatives to guests and offers assistance in making choices.
· Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
· Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying housekeeping of all checkouts, late checkouts, early check-ins, special requests, and day use rooms.
· Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
· Maintains guest room key storage, and maintains and supervises access to safe deposit boxes.
· Process guest check-outs.
· Performing cashier related functions like posting charges to guest accounts
· Works closely with the housekeeping department in the keeping room status reports up to date and coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work.
· Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager
· Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area
· Understand that business demands sometimes make it necessary to move employees from their accustomed shift to other shifts.
· Hours include weekends and holidays
· Requires strong organizational skills.
· Must be able to work independently and with a team
· Able to be on your feet for long periods of time.
· Excellent people skills.
· Must meet grooming standards.
· Meet/exceed customer expectations.
· Computer experience strongly desired.
· An energetic and pleasant personality.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $11.50 per hour
Hotel Front Desk: 1 year (Preferred)
United States (Required)
Communication method(s) used:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
8 hour shift
Must be able to pass a Background and Drug test.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers