QR Code Link to This Post
Recruiting a Human Resources Director near Rockville, Maryland, to join the corporate team of a growing defense contractor that specializes in providing staffing services at military installations around the country. The Human Resources Director will be a seasoned professional with experience working in a multi-state environment, leading an HR team, and working with counsel. Experience with federal contracts, staffing agencies, and Kronos Workforce Ready are strengths.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR:
- Leads the development, administration, and compliance of the company’s HR policies and procedures, both within the home office as well as the company’s operations at various client sites.
- Manages the corporate HR team and provides HR support and guidance to help regional project managers manage company employees situated at client locations.
- Manage a broad and complex range of employee relations that require a comprehensive knowledge of the Service Contract Act, employment law (FLSA, FMLA, ADA, EEO, Title VII, etc.), and effective employee relations practices, including policy administration.
- Oversees resolution of employee issues that arise from employee performance concerns, leave matters, workplace dynamics, equal employment issues, etc. including conducting investigations and developing appropriate corrective actions.
- Compiles annual reporting requirements, including the EEO-1, Vets-100, OSHA Log and the development of the annual Affirmative Action Plan.
- Ensures all record keeping with regards to worker's compensation, unemployment, health and medical insurance and other state and government regulations is completed as required.
- Partners with management team to communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Oversees the maintenance and accuracy of HRIS system (Kronos WFR), employee records and personnel actions.
- Serves as a functional expert in support of benefits administrative design, including present recommendations for changes and enhancements. Evaluates benefit program options, services & coverage.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 10 years of HR experience, including complex, multi-state environments and at least 5 years of management and hands-on workplace relations experience.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Demonstrated ability to partner effectively and influence senior leader decisions
- Thorough understanding of US labor laws
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability