compensation: commensurate with experience. Please provide pay expectation employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Legal Secretary needed for busy solo practice office. Experience is required and basic legal secretary skills are absolutely necessary. Common sense, continued attention to details and practicality are the underpinnings of a strong legal secretary.
Prior experience in tracking deadlines, keeping a calendar of office and client matters, drafting correspondence, answering phones, taking messages, tracking documents, maintaining office files, keeping up with office supplies and ordering, making appointments, and tending to other legal office administrative tasks as required.
Document Production, typing letters, memos, forms, other documents. Draft and edit legal documents, run compares (redlines), Table of Authorities (TOAs) and Table of Contents (TOCs).
· Prepare documents for filing, faxing, emailing or mailing, preparing envelopes, labels, FedEx/UPS forms, fax cover sheets or messages slips as required.
· Provide administrative support for attorney which includes telephone coverage, mail handling, maintaining attorney's calendar and deadlines, daily time entries and other administrative duties as assigned.
· Open new client/matter client cases into the database.
· Transcribe legal documents, correspondence and reports from rough draft, dictation or transcription.
· Arrange for attorney travel, meetings and other appointments.
· Maintain all client and general files and assume responsibility for all phases of document control.
· Receive clients and visitors; maintain good public relations with clients; observe confidentiality of attorney-client relationship.
· At least one year of experience as a legal secretary or administrative assistant.
· Solid technical proficiency including knowledge of Office 2010 applications required and Adobe. Ability to work with Excel and PowerPoint a plus.
· Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
· Ability to prepare an accurate and highly detailed work product. Excellent editing and proofreading skills required.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality. Adapt to different work environments and project a professional demeanor at all times..
· Ability to perform all tasks with limited supervision and to exercise sound judgment.
· Ability to communicate effectively with attorneys, staff and clients is required.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Commitment to superior client service - telephone coverage, high level of responsiveness and team work.
Though it is a part-time position, there are certain paid vacation days, along with sick leave and annual leave.
Pay is commensurate with experience.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers