compensation: Please include salary requirements with application employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We are a fast growing, thriving, mid-sized IP firm that originated in the mid 80s. We are proud to boast a family friendly culture, a casual dress code, and a very convenient commute to those living in the suburbs of Montgomery County (currently remote due to COVID). We serve a diverse client base, which includes small start-up companies, academic institutions, and Fortune 500 companies having some of the world’s largest IP portfolios. This client base values our knowledge, experience, and commitment to their objectives.
This role is an integral part of the case team designed to support the attorneys and/or patent agent(s) of the firm to achieve the desired legal path for clients.
• Receives incoming PTO documents;Prepares relevant reporting letters, forms and corresponding documents for attorney’s review;Maintains electronic client files;
• Performs document preparation, including but not limited to:
o Reporting letters
o Missing parts documents
o Dictation or document corrections
• Prepares and oversees uploading of electronic filing of PTO documents;
• Review docket with attorney on a weekly basis;
• Provides telephone backup to the Receptionist;
• Assists other staff as needed/requested;
• Enters foreign invoices into TABS on a daily basis;
• Enters PTO or other distributions into TABS as incurred;
• Prepares monthly invoices for review by attorney;
• Finalizes and prints invoices and forwards to client by appropriate means for each client; and,
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, some college required
Experience and Skills Requirements
• One to three years of Patent experience;
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite;
• Solid word processing/data entry skills; and
• Ability to multi-task efficiently
Must be able to pass background screening.
For consideration, please submit your resume and salary requirements via email for to Rebecca Reyes, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers