compensation: Depending on experience employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Non-profit in Rockville that provides legal representation for survivors of domestic violence, is seeking a highly motivated part-time attorney (20-25 hours weekly) with 2-5 years’ experience in domestic violence and family law litigation. Knowledge of all aspects of divorce and family law with ability to handle cases from beginning to end. The ideal candidate will have excellent academic credentials, and superior verbal and written communication skills. To be considered for this position, please submit salary requirement, your resume and a recent writing sample.
Qualifications and Skills
• Must be Admitted to MD Bar, DC or VA admission a plus;
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in family law;
• Knowledge and experience with cases involving domestic violence;
• Experience with contested divorce litigation a plus;
• Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize and deliver creative solutions;
• Excellent organizational and time management skills necessary to prioritize competing priorities and meet all deadlines;
• Dedication to providing high-quality service that exceeds expectations; and
• Friendly disposition.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Conduct consultations and client meetings;
• Manage client files, deadlines and tasks;
• Draft legal memoranda, pleadings, motions, and correspondence to clients and counsel;
• Conduct legal research;
• Draft discovery requests and prepare responses to discovery requests;
• Conduct and defend depositions;
• Prepare trial and deposition outlines, exhibits, cross examinations and witness preparation;
• Handle court appearances for motions hearings and trials;
• Negotiate resolutions, including mediation or arbitration.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers