Family Law- Legal Assistant Needed (Silver Spring)
compensation: Compensation based on experience. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Dynamic divorce and family law firm seeks talented legal assistant to join team.
We are looking for a Legal Assistant/Secretary to undertake a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. You will work under the supervision of an attorney and will also provide support in assigned legal cases. The goal is to sustain efficiency of all office procedures and case management so as to enforce reliability and consistency.
Candidates should be a team player who is enthusiastic, friendly and responsible.
1. Provide administrative support to one or more lawyers.
2. Effectively communicate with clients, colleagues and attorneys in a friendly and professional manner.
3. Perform initial screening of clients and schedule consultations.
4. Answer phone calls, take notes/messages and redirect calls when appropriate.
5. Manage calendars including all court dates and deadlines.
6. Schedule client meetings and conference calls
7. Assist with processing new files in case management system, and open and maintain client files by updating files and file indexes prior to any hearing, deposition or meeting.
8. Communicate with clients by email.
9. Arrange discovery notebooks.
10. Prepare attorney litigation bag with all necessary files and hearing notebooks.
11. Assist with preparation of envelopes and postage for mailings as necessary
12. Assist with scanning, faxing, photocopying and bates-stamping documents as necessary
13. Enter billable time and expenses as requested.
14. Provide any additional assistance to attorney as needed and directed for client matters.
Qualifications + Experience Required:
*Minimum 1 full year of Proven experience as a legal assistant/secretary.
*Experience handling high volume clientele
*Intermediate to Advanced skills in MS Word and Excel
*Typing skills 60+ WPM
*Excellent organizational and time management skills
*Proficient in English
*Outstanding Proofreading Skills
*Dedication to providing high-quality service
*Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
*Friendly, positive disposition
* LAW FIRM EXPERIENCE a must!!
* Some college preferred.
* Considerations~ full-time, part-time, temp to permanent...
* Benefits available! Reviews and bonuses! Opportunities for growth!
Submit cover letter, resume, references and salary range.
(Only resumes with salary range considered.)
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers