favorite this postTechnical Proposal Writer (Gaithersburg) hide this posting
compensation: Commensurate with experience and skills employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
If you want to take pride in the work you do, be valued for your contributions to the team effort, have a lasting career in construction, be inspired every day, and have fun with your colleagues, HSU Builders may be the place for you. HSU Builders is a commercial construction company that has proudly served our nation's capital for more than 20 years. Our project portfolio includes work at highly secure and recognizable landmarks, such as the White House, the Pentagon, and the Smithsonian Institution, as well as work for some of our area's leading commercial businesses and nonprofit organizations. For more information, go to: www.hsubuilders.com or www.facebook.com/hsubuilders.
The essential role of this position is to:
The Technical Proposal Writer will lead and manage the proposal development process; schedule and ensure that the proposal is compliant, compelling, and persuasive in accordance with the solicitation and all referenced documents. The Proposal Writer will study a Request for Proposals (RFP) and package the Company's services into a written bid or proposal in response to the RFP.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Develops compliant and responsive proposals with clearly defined win strategies, characterized by a strong and competitor-differentiating proposal. Primarily involved with writing, editing and conceptual development of technical content to create compelling proposals. Participates in all phases of the proposal process including decision to pursue, win and proposal strategy planning, content development, internal review, production, submittal, and performance analysis. Ensures full compliance to Requests For Proposal (RFP) requirements.
2. Adheres to all client requirements and complies with the Company's formats and standards, including all government instructions pertaining to bid preparation and submission guidelines.
3. Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals.
4. Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections.
5. Responsible for primary writing and control of quality, content and final appearance of the proposal production process.
6. Maintains knowledge of various proposal processes or subject matter such as technical solutions, management approaches, QA/QC methodologies, technical narratives and staffing approaches.
7. Develops and maintains the Company's templates and frameworks.
8. Manages several proposals simultaneously in a high-volume, quick-turn environment.
9. Remains current with the Company's solutions, products, and messaging to ensure the Company's competitive advantage is clearly communicated and understood in client-facing materials.
10. Participates in ongoing continuous improvement of the proposal development process.
11. Other duties or projects as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline (English, Journalism, Marketing, Business, Communications or a related field). Graduate Degree preferred.
2. 2+ years related experience in the Construction industry.
3. 2+ years of experience in federal proposal process, contracts, bids. Strong knowledge of developing proposals in response to Federal Request for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Quotations (RFQs), Requests for Information (RFI) etc. Proven track record in understanding the proposal capture process of Federal Government.
4. Able to work on multiple proposals and tasks in parallel.
5. Outstanding organization and planning skills.
6. Skilled in self-management, balancing competing priorities, and working against multiple deadlines.
7. Strong project management skills - planning, execution, issue resolution, and control.
8. Formal training in structured proposal development a plus
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers