compensation: $29.00 to $35.00 /hour dependent on experience employment type: contract
QR Code Link to This Post
Our upscale Interior Design firm specializes in creating grand interior and exterior spaces for clients in Maryland, Virginia, Washington DC, Atlanta, GA, San Diego, CA, and West Palm Beach, FL. We are looking for a very creative, passionate, organized and professional senior interior designer consultant to join the team to exceed the client's expectations from the inception to the finishing details.
If you have the proven experience and you are interested in this contractor position, please send a cover letter, resume, and salary history.
Please note: An outgoing personality is a must, if you're shy, this is not the position for you.
This is a Consultation position and on an as-needed basis.
The responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
* Attend all project meetings (internal and with the customer) to better understand the scope of the overall project and responsibilities throughout the project
* Assist in managing client expectations, team communication, and consultant coordination
As needed, lead interior design teams on projects
*Ensure that Design standards of quality are met on each project
* Regularly report project progress and any roadblocks then determine solutions
* Collaborate on projects, including programming client needs and program documents, project conceptual and schematic design, design development, and management of budgets and schedules
* Research and explore design alternatives and recommend specific design solutions
* Provide project drawings, renderings, finishes, and furniture selection
* Create project boards (if needed)
* Coordinate all project preparations and client presentations
* Develop space planning concepts and generates program documents
* Participate in the selection of furniture systems and specifications
* Provide project team coordination for finish plans, specifications, and material selections required for construction or renovation
* Partner with consultants, furniture and fabric dealers, product reps, and fabricators to ensure the quality of service meets overall project objectives and is on budget
* Contribute to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs
* A go-getter with excitement to work on new projects
* 10+ years of experience as an Interior Designer
* Strong knowledge of the design process, including FF&E, furniture systems, and specifications, color, and materials
* Excellent presentation skills
* Computer skills to include AutoCAD, MAC, Microsoft Office as well as knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, SketchUp, and 3-D Studio Max
* Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types or multiple, concurrent projects in various stages of development
* Ability to work well in a team environment and independently
* Ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly and to all levels of clients and management
* Strong leadership, organization, communication and relationship management skills
* Bachelor's degree in Interior Design, Architecture or related field from an accredited school
* NCIDQ, and LEED Certification -- a plus
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers