Do you love swimming and teaching swimming to kids?
Do you have previous swim coaching experience and are looking for a coaching opportunity this summer?
Do you want to help grow a neighborhood pool swim team?
A Montgomery county neighborhood pool is seeking an experienced swim coach for the 2020 summer swim season. We are looking for a high-energy, motivated individual to lead approximately 70 swimmers of all ability levels in our competitive summer swim league. Afternoon practices are held from 4 pm through 6 pm on weekdays beginning approximately Tuesday, May 26th. Weekday morning practices are held at the same location from 7:45 am through 10 am beginning Monday, June 15. Regular season swim meets are held on Saturday mornings from approximately June 13th through July 11th. The League Championships is scheduled for Saturday, July 18th. The All-Stars Individual and Team Events is scheduled for Saturday and Sunday, July 25th and 26th. Time trials are typically scheduled the Saturday before the first meet. The team-wide banquet to celebrate the season is held shortly after Championships.
The ideal candidate would have head coaching experience, strong leadership and communication skills, the ability to connect with children from grades K-12, and infectious enthusiasm for the sport of swimming.
The ideal candidate will work together with the assistant coaches to carry out the day-to-day responsibilities of leading the team, under the supervision of the Swim Team Committee and Board of Directors.
- Promote a fun, safe and team-oriented environment
- Plan and run practices for each age group
- Maintain control and safety of swimmers
- Provide stroke technique instruction to beginning, intermediate, and advance swimmers
- Supervise the swimmers during practices, meets and any other swim periods
- Prepare to meet lineups following guidelines outlined in team bylaws (Hy-Tek experience desired)
- Maintain swimmers’ meet results in Hy-Tek
- Review meet results, including disqualification issues, and work with swimmers to improve performance
- Help with setup and breakdown of all practices and swim meets
- Supervise efforts of assistant coaches
- Attend practices, meets, All-Star Events and the end of season banquet
- Supervise distribution of team awards
- Serve as the primary communicator to assistant coaches, parents, and swimmers
- Report unusual maintenance problems or irregularities to Swim Team Committee and Pool Manager
- Perform additional duties as assigned by supervisors
- Valid CPR/AED, First Aid certification
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all ages: Kindergarten through parents
- Ability to problem solve and act calmly and rationally in all situations
- Experience as a head coach or a minimum of 2 years of experience as an assistant coach
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers