American Association of Colleges of Podiatric Medicine (AACPM)
Status: Full Time
Annual Salary: $38,000 - $40,000
AACPM’s Office of Graduate Services is looking for an assistant. The OGS Assistant works under the supervision of the OGS Program Coordinator to provide comprehensive, high-quality administrative support to the AACPM Office of Graduate Services. Primary duties are in support of its three programs, Clerkship, the Central Application Service for Podiatric Residencies (CASPR), and the Centralized Residency Interview Program (CRIP). This position provides services to applicants, podiatric medical colleges, hospital residency programs, and internal staff.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responds to department’s email and phone inquiries. Transfers and escalates inquiries as directed and
required. Processes departmental mail, invoices, and payments.
• Manages the accurate and timely entry of data into SQL and Access databases. Creates queries, forms and
reports as needed.
• Updates websites as directed.
• Creates and disseminates email communications to programs, applicants, and colleges. Assists in the creation
and update of surveys, orientation materials, user guides, etc. for applicants, colleges, programs.
• Supports users of the Clerkship and CASPR systems by assisting them to locate information and functions, to
complete applications and forms, and to schedule rotations and interviews. Also assists users with basic
• Maintains Office of Graduate Services filing system. Copying, scanning, filing and other general office duties.
• Assists with the maintenance of statistical data.
• Assists in maintaining the currency of departmental operational procedure manuals.
• Provides review for accuracy and clarity of departmental websites, documents, and communications.
• Provides on-site support to meetings and conferences.
• Works on special projects and other administrative duties as assigned.
To be successful you must:
• Be a highly detailed and well-organized person who is able to remain professional, flexible, and friendly in a
fast paced environment.
• Possess strong customer service and administrative support skills with the ability to follow established
• Have the ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize work load, and meet deadlines.
• Be proficient and comfortable working with numbers, graphs, and charts.
• Be capable of working both independently and as a team member.
• Timely communicate work progress to supervisor and inform when obstacles arise.
• Handle surge in workload volume and maintain a positive attitude.
1. An associate degree with minimum of 1 year of administrative experience or a high school diploma, or equivalent, with minimum 2-3 years of administrative experience.
2. Proficiency with Microsoft Access required.
3. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
4. Excellent data entry skills—accurate and efficient.
5. Knowledge of HTML and web design; some experience preferred.
6. Ability to travel to annual meeting of 7 to 9 days duration.
This position requires passing a pre-employment criminal history background and credit check. Selected candidates cannot start work until passing their background and credit checks.
How to Apply:
To apply, submit a resume with a cover letter. Applications accepted until the position is filled. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
AACPM offers a competitive salary with an excellent benefit package and a professional work environment. AACPM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers