compensation: base rate with commission employment type: contract non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Community Forklift is seeking a motivated part-time Donations Acquisition Representative (DAR) to increase the donation of used and surplus building materials, furniture, and specialty materials to supply our nonprofit warehouse and community giving programs. The DAR manages assigned clients, territories and develops new prospects to secure donations of used building materials removed during remodeling and demolition jobs and surplus materials from industry partners.
Community Forklift makes home improvement affordable and keeps valuable materials out of the landfill. Experience developing ongoing, profitable relationships with clients and knowledge of the building industry, hardware or lumber sales and/or kitchen design is helpful. Prior sales and construction trade experience is preferred.
• Develop existing relationships or cold call potential clients to identify leads, manage prospects and acquire new business.
• Build relationship with contractors, retailers, distributors, manufacturers and building materials suppliers.
• Build and foster a network of referrals to create new opportunities for growth in donated materials.
• Use marketing data from applicable sales management software tools to maximize sales efficiency and effectiveness.
• Maintain accurate records, including sales call reports, expense reimbursement forms, billing invoices, and other documentation.
Compensation and Benefits
Position pays a base rate and commission with benefits including paid leave; medical, dental and vision insurance; short term disability insurance; and other related benefits.
About Community Forklift
Community Forklift is a nonprofit reuse center for home improvement and architectural salvage. The store accepts donations of new, gently-used and vintage building materials; these donated renovation supplies are then made available to the public at low prices and donated to local nonprofits. Community Forklift is located outside Northeast DC, near the Hyattsville Arts District. Please check out our website: www.communityforklift.org.
Send a resume, cover letter and three (3) recent professional references: by response to this ad. Please, no phone calls.
Community Forklift is an equal opportunity employer and provider; diverse applicants are encouraged to apply. You may include military service assignments and any verified work performed on a volunteer basis.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers