PHILLIPS School ~ Laurel, a blue ribbon awarded private special education day school, has an opening for a Assessment and Curriculum Coordinator. We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our team and support the reading curriculum and instruction and coordinate testing for students with emotional, behavioral, and learning challenges who are ages 6-21. PHILLIPS is a place where you can see and make a difference in children's lives!
- Acts as a resource for teaching staff in the area of language arts and reading.
- Models instructional techniques in the classroom on a regular basis.
- Coordinates and administers all state testing and diagnostic and prescriptive interventions with students.
- Trains classroom staff in the use of appropriate testing instruments and assists relevant staff in the appropriate use of assessment data.
- Our children require committed, dedicated staff members that want to work in a supportive, collaborative and dynamic environment.
Successful candidates should have the following:
* Experience working in the special needs environment
* Minimum 3 years successful teaching experience
* Master’s Degree required
* Trained in reading and/or literacy interventions
* Experience coordinating and/or administering required state testing
* Trained in administration and interpretation of diagnostic tests
* Eligibile for Advanced Professional Certificate in Special Education
* Enjoy working with a team
* Great references from previous employers
In return we offer a comprehensive benefit package and competitive salaries to include tuition reimbursement and professional development opportunities.
If you feel you qualify and can show proven history with our type of population, please quickly send us your cover letter and resume to:
7010 Braddock Road
Annandale, VA 22003
Apply online at www.phillipsprograms.org/careers
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers