compensation: Competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes health, vacation, holidays and a retirement plan employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
TLC's Outcomes Service has openings for Full-time and On-Call positions. This is an entry level position assisting adults with disabilities in the community.
• Helping people to learn basic skills with cooking, budgeting, and household chores (cleaning charts, grocery shopping).
• Assisting people in accessing educational or recreational opportunities in the community (movies, museums, live shows, sporting events, karaoke, physical fitness).
• Connecting people to community resources such as medical, housing or transportation.
• Providing job coaching for individuals placed on a job with emphasis on maximizing job accommodation.
• This position requires driving within the community
• The hours vary and will include some evenings and some weekends
• Must have an Associate’s degree in Vocational Rehabilitation, Psychology, Special Education, or a closely related field. Direct work experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
• Six months experience as a Job Coach or similar position, preferably working with individuals with brain injury, neurological impairments or developmental disabilities.
• Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
• Computer literacy is required.
• Must have the ability to demonstrate and apply knowledge about disabilities, including disability and privacy laws.
• Ability to communicate effectively with consumers and staff, exhibit effective customer service skills, promote consumer self-advocacy skills and counseling skills.
• Ability to provide well-written and comprehensive documentation.
• Must be highly organized, able to demonstrate effective time management skills.
• Must be able to work with a team and support team members.
• A strong desire to see success with those we serve is highly desired.