compensation: $70K+ and excellent benefits. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Great opportunity to join this highly-respected, mission-oriented animal rights advocacy organization as the Executive Assistant to the CEO. This is an opportunity to join a successful, dedicated team and contribute to the success of the organization. This position is responsible for providing executive administrative support to the CEO, and will also work with management, staff, donors and the board of trustees to support the organization's mission. Animal rights advocacy or a passion for animals is essential to the success of this position.
• Provide administrative support to the CEO, including detailed calendar management, travel coordination and follow up, meeting and event planning.
• Plan, schedule and support a wide variety of meetings and training sessions including board of directors meetings, management team and other stakeholder's meetings. Coordinate and ensure agenda is prepared and disseminated, meeting materials prepared, room set-up and issue-resolution addressed. Takes minutes at designated meetings and distribute to appropriate parties.
• Work closely with the management team to ensure cohesive communication with CEO.
• Assist with special projects, events and conferences.
• Assist with various aspects of contract proposals, renewals and execution, grant reports.
• Manage correspondence (email, letters and memos) for the CEO.
• May provide input to and monitoring of various budgets; resolving discrepancies if necessary.
• May occasionally require flexible hours and/or schedule in order to attend and/or actively support annual events, conferences or special CEO-related meetings.
• Develop, interpret, and administer standard operating procedures and practices within scope of authority, and communicate to relevant internal and external parties.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum of seven (7) years experience as an administrative assistant at the executive and/or senior management level.
• Prior work experience in a private non-profit environment is highly desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with internal and external clientele; all levels of staff and management; board of directors, donors, contractors, vendors, and agencies.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to clearly define, articulate and document procedures and processes.
• Excellent organizational and basic arithmetic and skills including attention to accuracy, detail and follow-through, record-keeping and deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to research, analyze, define and resolve problems
• Ability to proactively seek creative and effective solutions to a wide variety of issues while seeking management guidance when necessary.
• Ability to work as a self-starter and perform independently on a routine basis with minimal instruction on assigned tasks and/or projects.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple and changing demands with diplomacy and decorum.
• Ability to work in and constructively contribute to a harmonious cross-functional team work environment.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information and material.
If you are qualified and interested in learning more about this great, career advancement opportunity, please submit your resume today. Please put the job title in the subject line of your email. Thanks! We look forward to hearing from you.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers