QR Code Link to This Post
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for monitoring the employee relations environment within HBW, devising and implementing programs to maintain and improve that environment, ensuring compliance with state and federal regulations as required, taking the internal lead on staffing projects, and performing other duties assigned.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recommends, prepares, updates, and implements human resource policies and procedures.
- Assists with recruitment and orientation of staff, employee benefits administration, and implements & maintains the wellness program.
- Assists in employee relations, including implementation of EEO policies - working with management and senior HR to investigate and resolve employee matters that may arise, including but not limited to harassment, discrimination, and other employment issues.
- Recommends and implements morale-building and team-building activities on a regular basis.
- Provides guidance on the impact of new developments related to HR best practices and pertinent local and federal laws and regulations, such as ADA, FMLA, OSHA and HIPAA.
- Manages the HRIS & ATS systems, including data input and reporting.
- Maintains federal contracting compliances, such as AAP data collection, EEO-1 reports, VETS-4212 reports, and required annual employee training program.
- Implements termination process including exit interviews, recommend process changes accordingly, and manage employee government notifications.
- Maintains personnel, I-9, medical and other HIPAA-controlled files.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Excellent organization, communication, and problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize assignments to meet required deadlines.
- Independent self-starter and good listener who can discern required steps to achieve goals without specific task direction.
- Thrives in a friendly, fast-paced, team-oriented environment where accountability, work ethic and a "can do" attitude is a necessity.
- Must display excellent customer service skills and unwavering integrity.
- Willingness and desire to take initiative on tasks, including suggestions for improvements as needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interface and communicate clearly with all grade levels of employees and managers.
- Excellent written communications skills that include clear development of ideas, excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation, and ability to serve as editor of documents.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience working in a construction or labor environment.
- Remain current with and implement compliance with labor laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated active listening skills for one-on-one as well as group discussion(s).
- Strong problem-solving skills, with demonstrated creativity and independence to address work challenges.
- Flexibility to work extra hours and to attend meetings and meet deadlines, as necessary.
- Ability to adapt to and become an advocate of the HBW company culture.
- Basic knowledge of federal contractor regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field with a PHR certification (desired).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365, HRIS and ATS systems.
- Proven organizational, communication, and administrative skills.
- Minimum 4 to 5 years' experience as an HR Generalist.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
This position description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification. Nothing in this position description constitutes any form of employment contract or restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
HBW Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, or because he or she is a protected veteran.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Click Here to Apply or use the link below