Mortgage Underwriter – Remote to Start!
QR Code Link to This Post
About the Company and Opportunity:
• Our client is a premiere financial institutions in Silver Spring, MD
• Due to growth, they are hiring a Mortgage Underwriter for a contract role lasting 6 months. They recently lost a couple of underwriters and need help finding experienced replacements in a competitive market.
• This position will go for 6 months and pays $32 - $36 an hour.
• The company has a high sense of community and values teamwork
• The company is known for investing in their employees and promoting from within
• Some of the employee reviews, include things like:
o “Great benefits, good work environment, work-life balance, potential for growth, team-work & support is a very important value here.”
o “My direct supervisors were very professional and provided guidance, for which I am grateful. On the whole, the credit union has been implementing positive changes in the areas of member service, employees training, lending strategies and technological development.”
Overview of the Mortgage Underwriter role:
• The Mortgage Loan Underwriter will respond to audits requests and performs quality control on mortgage files.
• Evaluate geographic area, loan type, ownership and occupancy of the residence and assure proper adjustments are made to loan terms, rate or amount when applicable.
• Analyze the information presented within the file with regard to the borrower's ability to repay, the borrower's willingness to repay and the collateral being given to determine if the risk of borrower default is low enough to merit a loan approval.
Preferred Qualifications for the Mortgage Underwriter:
• Minimum of 3 years of recent mortgage underwriting experience;
• Bank or credit union experience