Community Forklift is seeking an experienced Online Sales Associate to work with our growing green business. Candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Qualities of the perfect candidate
• Three years+ of experience researching, photographing and listing items for sale on-line. Must have extensive knowledge of on-line selling platforms such as ebay, ability to pack and ship fragile material, and respond to customer inquiries in a professional, courteous and timely manner. Help maintain Community Forklift's status as a top-seller.
• Experience selling vintage or antique materials
• Retail sales experience
• Strong math and English skills
• Ability to do computer research with a high attention to detail
• Experience exercising sound judgment and common sense
• Ability to work well within a cooperative team-based work environment
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to fully follow through on work assignments in a timely manner
• Ability to follow store policy and procedures
• Good customer service skills
• Entrepreneurial approach to work
• Ability to manage multiple responsibilities gracefully and maintain focus in a constantly changing environment
• Knowledge and enthusiasm for recycling, reuse, sustainability, environmental advocacy and green business
• Evidence of strong interpersonal and communication skills particularly the ability to work with a very diverse constituency of customers
• Prior work experience in a hardware store or home improvement store preferred but not required
• Expressed commitment to the Community Forklift mission
• Capacity to perform physical labor and moderate lifting (up to 50 lbs.) in a non-climate controlled environment including the ability to work in all seasons and in difficult weather conditions
About the Position
The Online Sales Associate is primarily responsible for assisting the online sales team by identifying valuable, unusual or high dollar items from our stream of donations. The Online Sales Associate must be able to photograph the item clearly, showing its flaws, marks or unique characteristics. This position requires attention to detail and the ability to research the item's age, worth and use. The Online Sales Associate must be able to convey that information using keywords that will make the item easily found in the search engines. Responding to customers in a timely manner, facilitating sales by answering questions, and promoting our sustainable green non-profit business is a critical part of the job. The Online Sales Associate must be able to pack and ship items quickly in order to help maintain our top-seller status. This is a part-time position.
• Great team and mission focused environment
• Employer subsidized health insurance
• Paid leave
• Excellent opportunity for advancement
About Community Forklift
Community Forklift is a nonprofit reuse center for home improvement and architectural salvage. The store accepts donations of new, gently-used and vintage building materials; these donated renovation supplies are then made available to the public at low prices and donated to local nonprofits. Community Forklift is located outside Northeast DC, near the Hyattsville Arts District.
Send a resume, cover letter and three (3) recent professional references by reply to this ad. Please, no phone calls.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers