Linux Administrator (Entry-Level) (Beltsville, MD)
compensation: Competitive, Commensurate with Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Looking for a collaborative, fun company with room for growth?
IMS, Inc. is a recognized leader in the biomedical IT field, with clients including the NCI, CDC, & major pharmaceutical firms. We are a diverse group of people with a focus on product quality, customer satisfaction, and enjoying what we do. We have a relaxed, friendly work environment, where employees are recognized for the work that they do. Add to that work/life balance, social events, casual dress, and no cubicles- that’s why many employees have stayed with us.
Join us as a Linux Administrator and see what makes IMS such a unique place to work!
As a Linux Administrator, you will:
• Work with our team of approximately 20 IT specialists to maintain & enhance the IMS IT infrastructure
• Provide development operations (DevOps) support to a variety of project teams
• Build and maintain system software on containerization platforms such as Kubernetes (AKS, EKS)
• Work with Linux servers and networking components to perform routine Linux administration and maintenance tasks and the initial troubleshooting steps to assist in the resolution of related issues
• Assist in the selection of vendors for technical components
• Prepare documentation for infrastructure components (e.g. installation and change control)
• Perform other systems administration-related duties as assigned
To be eligible for this position, you must meet the following requirements:
• BA/BS degree, or AA/AS degree w/equivalent experience, in Computer Technology, Math, or related field from an accredited institution as determined by the U.S. DOE
• 0-3 years of related professional experience
• Demonstrated proficiency with Linux and TCP/IP networking
• Familiarity with at least one programming language (Java, Bash, Python, Perl, etc.)
• Experience with git and configuration management tools such as Puppet or Chef a plus
• Experience with Amazon EKS, Azure AKS, Kubernetes, Tanzu Grid, or other container platform a plus
• Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to relay technical information to clients and users in layman terms
• Demonstrated strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Demonstrated customer service skills
• Excellent attention to detail and organization skills
• Must be able to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work within a team
• Strong presentation skills preferred
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Level 5 Public trust security clearance
IMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities