We are looking for a DNA Sequencing Lab Technician for our Sanger Sequencing Laboratory (FT, 40 Hours) at our Gaithersburg, MD location to work Sunday 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and Monday -- Thursday 11:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
GeneDx is a rapidly growing CAP and CLIA certified diagnostic genetic testing laboratory for molecular genetics. Our historic mission has been to make clinical diagnostic testing available for people with genetic conditions and their families. We apply cutting edge technologies that provide a wide array of molecular genetic diagnostic tests, including whole exome sequencing and next-generation sequencing panels. We specialize in genetic testing for rare hereditary disorders, but also test for common disorders. To learn more about GeneDx, please visit our website at www.genedx.com.
Role: A GeneDx DNA Sequencing Lab Technician in the Sanger Sequencing Laboratory performs an entry level role in the testing of clinical DNA specimens for the purpose of diagnosing genetic disease using manual and automated methods in a team environment, and following established policies and procedures in a professional manner.
• Uses Sanger Sequencing and basic molecular technologies to facilitate genetic testing
• Adheres to standard operating procedures (SOPs)
• Monitors test performance and documents corrective actions
• Meets or exceeds target workload with accuracy
• B.S. Degree in Biology, Biochemistry, or related-field
• Completed 3 college credits of Math, 16 credits of Biology and 16 credits of Chemistry as part of that degree.
• 1-3 years of relevant experience
• Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and deadlines
• Ability to work well within a team environment
• Paid Time Off (vacation, sick, personal, holiday, jury duty, bereavement leave)
• Health, dental, vision, life insurance, LT/ST disability plans
• Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
• Health Savings Account (HSA)
• 401K retirement savings plan with a 4% company match and immediate vesting
• Tuition Assistance
• Employee Discounts (cell phone service, movie tickets, etc.)
• Regular performance appraisals
• Many promotions from within
• Business casual, dog-friendly work environment
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers