QR Code Link to This Post
Norfolk, VA or Silver Spring, MD
The Office of Coast Survey performs surveying and mapping of the marine environment for nautical charting and other purposes. The Coast Survey Development Laboratory is responsible for developing and evaluating computer-based oceanographic modeling systems for seaports and estuaries.
Will serve as a team member providing technical assistance and support on the Coast Survey Development Laboratory team. Responsibilities include:
* Collect and process bathymetric data from traditional hydrographic sources and non-hydrographic sources.
* Review compiled bathymetric products to meet Charting and Coastal Modeling products.
* Evaluate the data quality and metadata
* Document guidelines for data preparation and data processing
* Develop tools for data processing and interfaces for charting coastal modeling.
2+ years of experience working with GIS and Python.
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and be able to pass a background investigation to obtain a security badge to enter the applicable government facility.
BS in engineering, physical science, earth science, mathematics, related discipline, or equivalent.
Submit resume to ERT's Career Opportunities Web Page at: https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu04/ats/careers/searchResults.jsp?org=ERT&cws=1
Earth Resources Technology, Inc. (ERT)
ERT is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer - All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.