Technology Support Specialist 2
QR Code Link to This Post
Vector Choice Technology Solutions
Employee Type: Full Time
Relocation: Not Offered
VECTOR CHOICE TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS
Vector Choice provides information technology services and solutions to businesses of all sizes in many different industries throughout the US and internationally. We have cultivated a highly dependable team of experts who hold a large variety of technology certifications from third-party vendors allowing us to manage a wide variety of systems and platforms. We understand that our success is based on the value that our employees provide through client service and technical expertise. We value the close knit work environment that we have created at Vector Choice and work hard to maintain that environment as we continue to grow.
As a Technology Support Specialist 2, you will work directly with clients providing expertise in administration and internal support of the Client's PCs, printers, servers, and related equipment. Tasks include end user support, license tracking, and performing PC maintenance, upgrades and configurations. This position reports to the Services Manager.
• Exceptional client service skills, organizational skills with a proven ability to manage multiple priorities
• Must be able to quickly and correctly diagnose problems with computer systems and introduce a resolution
• Provides installation, support, and maintenance of workstation, scanner, fax, printers, mobile devices, etc.
• Ability to learn new technology quickly
• Remote/ On-site troubleshooting of level 1 and 2 issues such as desktop hardware failures.
• Answer client calls and create detailed tickets.
• Escalate tickets to the appropriate technician when needed.
• Travel to client offices when needed
• Will be responsible for taking calls on an On-Call rotation.
• Being punctual is mandatory.
• Provide helpdesk support and resolve problems to the end user's satisfaction
• Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through from phone calls or email to ticketing system
• Monitor Support Desk for tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in first-out based on priority
• Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local workstation
• Utilize and maintain the helpdesk tracking software
• Document internal procedures
• Assist with onboarding of new users
• Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment and software
• Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses
• Report issues to the NOC for escalation
• Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software
• Assign users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory
• Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required
Basic Requirements and Experience
Associate’s Degree in Information Systems, Business, Communications or related field
4 years of relevant field technical experience in a network setting
Must have reliable transportation
Preferred Requirements and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Business, Communications
Certifications including MCP, MCSA, MCITP, A+ and Network+
Technical Knowledge (Not limited to)
• Windows Server SBS/2008/2012/2016
• Microsoft Azure
• Microsoft Intune
• Windows PC Pro 7,8.1,10
• Spam Filtering technologies: Message Labs, MX Logics, Barracuda
• URL Filtering: Barracuda
• Healthcare Industry Experience is a Plus
• Good understanding of Networking
• ConnectWise Experience
• Citrix Experience
• Printer/Fax/Scanner Troubleshooting
• Terminal Services, Microsoft failover clustering
• Exchange and Exchange Hosting including Office 365