QR Code Link to This Post
Duration: 6 months (will be 1000 hours of work)
(Work must be done onsite). Client prefers local candidates.
Work Status: GC or US Citizen
**Background Check and Credit Check is required.
The Department of Finance is managing a multi-year disaster recovery project to define recovery requirements for ERP finance systems; assess and validate disaster recovery solutions to determine best option for recovery of ERP finance systems; assess recovery objectives against current capabilities; and improve its disaster recovery management program including strategies, plans, metrics, resources, and governance. The department is seeking to hire a technical writer to assist with the documentation deliverables for this project.
Scope of Work:
1) Provide technical writing staff to support the finance system disaster recovery project and provide technical writing for identified documentation deliverables for the Department of Finance Information Technology team. Documents to be written or updated may include (but are not limited to):
• Updated Disaster Recovery Procedure Guides for Recovery of ERP Finance Systems
(including non-technical recovery plans) for:
o Employee payroll
o Retiree payroll
o Accounts payable
o Accounts receivable
• Simulated ERP Finance System Disaster Scenario Exercise Plan
• Simulated ERP Finance System Disaster Scenario Exercise Report
• Recovery Time and Recovery Point Objectives for Mission Critical Finance Systems
• Tier Zero Critical IT Services Needed to Support ERP Finance System
• Disaster Recovery Technical Architecture Design Options
• Risk Register Guide
• Project Plans for Implementing Recommended Designs
• Disaster Recovery Governance Strategy and Plan
2) Contractor will provide staff that meet the following requirements:
• Familiarity with technologies related to disaster recovery such as cloud architecture and services.
• Experienced and knowledgeable in technical system disaster recovery and continuity of operations projects that can be demonstrated with samples of previous work, 5+ Years.
• Experienced and knowledgeable in technical document writing projects, 5+ Years.
• Proficient and knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio, 5+ Years.
• Training, certifications, or education related to disaster recovery and technical writing is preferable.
Additionally, to be successful the candidate will:
• Possess general knowledge of financial functions of Account Receivables/Payables, Payroll, and Accounting.
• Possess an elevated level of attention to detail.
• Possess a strong sense of ownership and accountability.
• Be skilled in planning, organizing work and setting priorities.
• Work well in change environment maintaining a strong positive perspective.
3) Contract staff will work on-site, side-by-side with County staff. The County would prefer a resource that is local to the DC Metro Area.
4) Contract staff will report directly to the Finance Information Technology Chief.