ASAM is a medical professional society representing more than 6,500 members with 50+ staff and a $10M annual operating budget. It is an energetic, fast-paced organization with multi-faceted opportunities in the area of addiction medicine.
The Specialist, Learning Innovation is a full-time position that will report to the Senior Director, Learning Innovation. The Specialist will work closely with the Senior Director to support crafting both written and visual communications for ASAM’s educational content. He or she will bring copy-editing skills and the ability to write and edit clear instructional prose and work with technical medical content. In addition, he or she will support the development of multimedia-rich content, following the ASAM’s brand and style guide.
• Edit instructional content for style, readability, and adherence to ASAM’s editorial standards
• Proofread technical instructional text for spelling, grammar, accuracy, style, punctuation, and consistent tone
• Rewrite text to improve clarity and readability
• Support the development of PowerPoints, videos and other visual presentations following ASAM’s branding standards
• Create and assemble multimedia presentations with tools such as Photoshop, Camtasia, PowerPoint, and Articulate 360
• Lead the production, post-production, and maintenance of interactive multimedia for learning
• Conduct periodic reviews and quality checks of educational e-learning content for accuracy, relevancy, and functionality
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in English, Communications, Digital Media, Education, Instructional Design or similar discipline
• Experience either in copy editing or producing digital content preferred
• Experience using e-learning technology and multimedia tools preferred
• Experience in graphic design or visual communication highly preferred
• Association experience, particularly in a medical society preferred but not required
• Bachelor’s degree required
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent proofreading and attention to detail
• Excellent organizational skills including setting priorities in work assignments, managing projects, and following up on assignments with minimal direction
• Ability to efficiently handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail
• Good interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively, efficiently, and professionally with individuals at all levels of the organization
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Resourcefulness, initiative, and creativity valued
• Team player with positive attitude, enthusiastic energy and ability to have fun with team members
Works Closely With:
• Senior Director, Learning Innovation and other members of the Learning Innovation team
• Faculty member subject matter experts
• Other ASAM staff and departments
Benefits of Working at ASAM:
• ASAM’s work with physicians and clinicians helps millions of patients, families, and communities impacted by addiction.
• ASAM’s work helps address the vast national crisis of opioids and addiction.
• ASAM enjoys a strong organizational culture, living by values determined by staff of open collaboration, trust, courage, and connectedness.
• ASAM is proud to have earned the Sloan Award for Excellence in Workplace Effectiveness and Flexibility.
• ASAM offers competitive compensation (commensurate with experience) and benefits that include paid vacation and sick leave, transportation reimbursement, medical insurance, and 401k.
Recruiting salary range: Commensurate with experience (with a robust benefits package)
To Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the position and how your skills match the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASAM provides equal opportunity to all staff. No person shall be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, physical handicaps, marital status, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or any other category that is protected by federal law or the laws of the Maryland.
ASAM is proud to be honored with the Sloan Award for Excellence in Workplace Effectiveness and Flexibility for its use of flexibility and other aspects of workplace effectiveness as a workplace strategy to increase business and employee success. ASAM was one of eight organizations and the only association to be recognized in the state of Maryland.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers