compensation: Competitive salary based on experience employment type: full-time telecommuting ok
QR Code Link to This Post
Job Type: Full-Time
Overview: E-PAGA is seeking a proactive, team-oriented Technical Editor who has demonstrated experience reviewing the work of the technical writers, re-writing content as needed, designing templates, developing editorial processes and standards, and maintaining our online technical content. Seeking candidates proficient in APA editing style, with GPO experience a plus. The ideal candidate has excellent writing, editing, proofreading, and page composition skills. The Technical Editor will be responsible for editing training products, providing quality assurance (QA)/control (QC) reviews for project documentation and instructional materials, and editing quality deliverables in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. Support for various corporate and business development activities will also be periodically required.
Security Clearance: N/A
Location: Rockville, MD (E-PAGA Headquarters), remote work permitted
Travel: Some travel required (less than 5%)
Technical Editor Responsibilities:
• Working with writers to ensure document accuracy.
• Reviewing written technical documents for clarity, grammar, spelling, punctuation, content, and style.
• Making any necessary corrections to technical documents.
• Giving feedback and advice to technical writers.
• Formatting the document(s), including layout of pages, tables, text boxes, and other graphics.
• Ensuring that all materials are designed in a 508-compliant format.
• Communicating with writers to resolve editorial queries.
• Ensuring that all written content meets our company's standards.
• Developing, communicating, and adhering to goals for content, workflow, and aim of writing.
• Creating templates for technical writers that are easy to apply and adapt.
• Conducting quality assurance on all training modules and related documents, reports, and other deliverables.
• Maintaining the company website's technical content.
• Conforming to strict editing guidelines and security clearance protocols, as needed.
• Coordinating version control of all documents.
• Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and with minimal supervision.
• Ability to prioritize assignments and adhere to established project milestones and deadlines.
• Willingness to stay abreast of current learning technologies and trends.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
• A bachelor's degree in journalism, English, or another related field.
• At least five years of professional experience as technical editor.
• Experience working on Federal projects.
• Proven experience working with APA style guides, with GPO a plus.
• Ability to learn technical concepts.
• Experience with desktop publishing, multimedia production, and online documentation software.
• Excellent computer and word processing skills.
• Strong writing, editing, proofreading, and page composition skills.
• Ability to adhere to deadlines and manage concurrent deliverables.
• Strong attention to detail.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Master’s degree in journalism, English, or another related field.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
• Experience working with and editing multimedia, to include audio, video, and graphics.
• Experience with Learning Management System (LMS) administration, to include publishing and managing content.
• Experience with web coding and authoring systems, such as HTML or XML.
• Experience with Section 508 compliance testing and remediation.
To apply please submit a cover letter, which must include salary requirements and resume. Applications without a cover letter and salary requirements will not be considered. E-PAGA offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package and the chance to work alongside a team of highly accomplished professionals. E-PAGA is an equal opportunity employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities