Non-profit focused on international giving is looking for a Finance Associate to support the Director of Finance and other administrative functions as needed. This is an entry level position for someone looking to gain professional experience in a mission-oriented non-profit office setting!
Responsibilities of the Finance Associate include:
- Support the ongoing Finance functions of the organization by ensuring financial transactions are recorded accurately and timely while working with other members of the Finance Team to ensure all processing and reporting deadlines are achieved consistently.
- Maintain the general ledger of an automated accounting system by inputting and verifying data.
- Reconcile all bank account activity to the general ledgers and submit to the Director of Finance & Compliance for approval.
- Receive and organize all contribution-related documentation (i.e., gift forms). Any contributions needing additional approval. Obtain from Compliance Officer that all documentation and donor vetting is complete prior to processing contributions.
- Receive and review vendor invoices to ensure correct amounts and payment authorization and account coding.
- Enter Accounts Payable transactions into financial database and forward batch report to Financial Compliance Officer for review and release of payments.
- Correspond with vendors on issues pertaining to invoice payments and coordinate with staff to resolve any questions relating to vendor payments.
Requirements of the Finance Associate:
- Bachelor's degree (in a relevant field)
- 1-3 years of related experience (Finance, Accounting, International Development, etc. Relevant internships apply!)
- Experience with automated finance systems is preferred
- Excellent written and communication skills as well as attention to detail is key
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers