compensation: Competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit package, tuition reimbursement and professional development offered employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
PHILLIPS Programs is the place to be! PHILLIPS Programs, a well-established private, non-profit organization serving children and adolescents with complex developmental needs and their families through special education day programs, career education programs and in-home and community based counseling services, is seeking a full time Controller.
The Controller will handle high-level accounting, managerial accounting, and oversee financial activities of the company. As head of the accounting department, controller will manage and supervise all aspects of accounting from payroll to tax compliance. Partners with key staff of the organization and is a resource for program staff. Will report to Chief Operations Officer, and will assist with development of internal control policies, procedures, and financial planning as needed. PHILLIPS Programs is headquartered in Annandale, VA.
• Supervise the day to day activities of the accounting team which include payroll, payables, billing and receivables, restricted fund accounting, fixed assets and tax filing.
• Oversee the use of the accounting system including administration and maintenance.
• Involved in supporting presentations to the board finance and audit committees and will work closely with the senior leadership team.
• Maintain and review general ledger activity.
• Review and provide oversight of monthly closing, analysis and reporting.
• Prepare materials for the board, annual audit of financial statements and multiple tax filings.
• Assist the Chief Operating Officer in the development of the annual budget.
• Monitor accounting policies, procedures and processes.
• Ensure necessary documentation and internal controls are in place to assure accuracy of financial statements.
• Review vendor invoices prior to payment to vendors for accuracy and completeness.
• Review monthly billing and receivables to ensure timely revenue reporting.
• Oversee payroll operations and prepare employee contracts for all staff.
• Prepare annual insurance applications and work with broker on all insurance claims.
• Oversee federal lunch program.
• Provide assistance to Chief Operating Officer.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline, CPA a plus
• 5 - 7 years experience in accounting and financial management
• Experience in a nonprofit organization preferred
• Ability to work closely with Senior Management and Board of Trustees
• Demonstrated ability to lead through positive influence
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a sense of humor
• Analytical and organizational skills
• Self-motivated and self-directed
• Multi-tasker with ability meet multiple deadlines
• Very strong computer skills
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers