Since our founding in 1979, ISEP has become the largest global membership network for student mobility in the world. We are dedicated to helping students overcome the financial and academic barriers to international experiences: studying, interning and volunteering.
Through ISEP, students build real connections and gain a true understanding of what it is like to live in another culture, thereby developing inter-cultural competencies and a global outlook.
The ISEP member community includes 335+ members in 55 countries.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for general accounting operations with emphasis on assisting the CFO in the preparation of monthly financial statements.
The Senior Accountant performs account and financial analyses, budget and forecast input and maintenance of forecast models, and month-end and year-end accounting duties, including allocation of expenses and assistance with the annual audit.
The Senior Accountant is solely responsible for payroll processing and accounts payable, including foreign currency transactions. From time to time, the Senior Accountant performs special projects under the direction of the CFO.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepare financial statements and schedules with input from CFO
• Reconcile account balances, maintain general ledger and other financial analyses.
• Perform month-end closing procedures
• Ensure compliance with GAAP.
• Review and allocate various expenses to multiple program services and departments
• Process biweekly payroll and record payroll transactions
• Ensure proper and timely payment of staff, vendors and member universities, including disbursement in foreign currencies
• Maintain analyses of program costs
• Maintain foreign currency analyses, including foreign currency holdings and payables, forward contracts and forecasts of rates and future needs; recommend actions to CFO
• Provide budget and forecast input and maintain forecast models
• Liaise with CFO and other staff to improve financial procedures, strengthen internal controls and provide positive customer service
OTHER RECURRING DUTIES
• Prepare end of year IRS Form’s 1099 and 1096
• Assist with Form 990 Information Return and other tax related filings
• Support independent audit
• B.A. or B.S. in Accounting, Business or Finance
• 3 to 5 years of experience in accounting; non-profit experience preferred
• Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and accounting procedures
• Advanced MS Excel skills, including macros and pivot tables
• Proficient in Peachtree (or similar accounting software)
• Proven record of analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts
• Problem solving skills along with the ability to work independently
• Excellent communication skills, with a drive to providing outstanding customer service to internal and external stakeholders
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their cover letter, resume and salary expectation with the subject line: “Senior Accountant” (Please note that applications without cover letters and salary expectations will not be considered). Application deadline: June 3, 2019.
ISEP is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities