compensation: Salaried Position employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
RE Advisers is a subsidiary of the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA) and the investment manager for Homestead Funds. With offices in Arlington, VA, the company manages approximately $10 billion in mutual fund, separate account and institutional assets.
The company shares offices with its parent and business units work collaboratively across the organization. NRECA is a not-for-profit organization that serves and represents the nation’s consumer-owned rural electric cooperatives. NRECA has won numerous awards over including:
• Top Workplace by the Washington Post
• 100 Best Places to Work - ComputerWorld Magazine
• 50 Best Places to Work - The Washingtonian
• CARE Award Recipient - Recognizing organizations that promote a positive work-life balance
• Best Place to Work Award Recipient - Lincoln, NE
• Gold Well Workplace - Wellness Councils of America
NRECA, we work with people who are leaders in their fields. They are down-to-earth, hardworking professionals committed to helping our members serve their communities. Our work is interesting, constantly evolving, and requires new skills to meet the evolving needs of a dynamic industry. In this collegial, inclusive work environment, united around the compelling purpose and history of electric cooperatives, we thrive. And topping it off, NRECA cares about each person’s overall well-being, encouraging health, financial security, and a sustainable work/life balance. EEO/AA- M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status/Genetic Data
Senior Client Relationship Advisor
Homestead Funds, a wholly owned subsidiary of NRECA, is recruiting for a Sr. Client Relationship Advisor to support our nationwide key account shareholders with their investment decisions and promote Homestead Funds in the electric cooperative channel. In this role you will work within a team to support key account shareholders by conducting over-the-phone and in-person confidential, personalized portfolio reviews and proposing customized asset allocation strategies based on each shareholder’s financial needs. Build trusted relationship with key accounts to ensure retention of assets. You will also travel to electric cooperatives to present Homestead Funds information to cooperative employees and educate them on the benefits of investing.
This is a salaried position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide confidential, individualized financial advisory/guidance services to Homestead Funds key account shareholders.
• Utilize CRM system to build and manage relationships with shareholders.
• Promote Homestead Funds at various NRECA-sponsored events and at cooperative locations.
• Present Homestead Funds information, educate cooperative employees on benefits of investing, meet one-on-one with cooperative employees to discuss investing needs.
• Analyze investment needs of Homestead Funds clients and research new products and services that could meet anticipated future needs
• Work closely with Marketing and Sales department to manage messaging and travel.
• Maintain expert knowledge of Homestead Funds including all products, account types and services, as well as the regulations of the Securities and Exchange Commission and FINRA. Review the Internal Revenue Service’s tax guidelines and regulations for all account options on an ongoing basis. Complete annual compliance training including Ethics and Anti-Money Laundering courses
• Requires approximately 30% travel
Requirements and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s in business related field, Masters preferred
• FINRA Series 6, 63 and 65
• Possess or be in the process of obtaining a professional designation such as CFP, ChFC or CFA
• 6 - 8 years of investment industry experience is required. At least 2 years direct experience in a senior client facing role
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills must be demonstrated consistently
• Must be comfortable presenting to a group and have ability to present complex information in a relatable manner
• Must be able to work independently and travel up to 30% of the time
• Must have demonstrated excellence in client service and analytical problem-solving skills
• In-depth understanding of securities and financial products is required
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
Disclaimer Statement: The preceding job description has been written to reflect management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers