Ross & Moncure is a public accounting firm specializing in the taxation of small and medium-sized business enterprises (SMEs), high-net-worth individuals, multinational individuals, non-immigrant visa holders, freelancers and contractors, and the US operations of foreign corporations. The firm provides tax planning and preparation services, highly-customized Professional Employer Organization (PEO) services, and reporting and consulting services relating to the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) and cross-border compliance requirements.
Ross & Moncure is looking for a bookkeeper with QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online experience. The bookkeeper will handle internal accounting for the firm, as well as several client accounts. The position entails extensive client interaction.
R&M is looking for a professional to work between 1,000 - 2,000 hours per year. Flex-time is available. On-site work is required due to the nature of the job duties and the firm's team structure.
- Develop system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintain subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balance subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Maintain general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Balance general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Maintain historical records by filing documents.
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- QuickBooks Online
- QuickBooks Desktop
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
The candidate should possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
Please respond to the e-mail attached to this posting if interested. DO NOT CALL.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers