We are a fast growing public accounting firm based in Tysons Corner, VA with a strong focus in audits and tax compliance for associations, charities, and other nonprofit organizations. If you are an experienced nonprofit tax professional, we can offer you a unique professional opportunity, excellent compensation and benefits, and the ability to have more control over shaping your career.
QR Code Link to This Post
This position requires a B.S. or M.S. in Accounting, and at least 3 years of public accounting experience with a focus in nonprofit tax compliance and preparation. Candidate should have a CPA, and solid oral and written communication skills, analytical and documentation skills, experience with Microsoft Office applications, and tax preparation software. Position will involve nonprofit tax compliance, preparation, consulting, and research. Experience with 990 preparation and nonprofit accounting is required. Responsibilities and qualifications would include:
• Work with clients and audit staff to identify, review, and resolve tax-related issues.
• Provide timely preparation and review of tax filings (990, 990T, and related).
• Tracking and monitoring tax filing deadlines and ensuring timely tax submissions.
• Research, consulting, and advisory skills in the tax-exempt sector.
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients and address nonprofit specific tax questions, and general tax questions.
• Experience in dealing with IRS, state, and general tax matters resolution desirable.
• Experience with tax preparation software (Firm currently uses CCH Prosystems fx).