SETTY is an award-winning, multi-disciplinary engineering firm that designs high-performance buildings. We are renowned for cutting edge design solutions, which encourage the efficient use of materials, energy and natural resources. Our integrated approach combines HVAC, electrical, plumbing and fire protection engineering skills with an in-depth knowledge of building design and environmental best practices. Join us and work in a lively environment with great opportunities to contribute and grow.
QR Code Link to This Post
We are looking for an individual with exception attention to detail, interest in working in a dynamic environment across eight domestic and international offices, and with a staff of 200+ engineers, project managers, energy modelers, software developers, and administrative team members.
The Accounting Assistant for SETTY will be reporting to Accounting Manager of the company to oversee the three person bookkeeping team and is responsible for setting up and monitoring the accounting system (Quickbooks) and interpreting the data from regular financial activities. The successful candidate will play an integral role in creating and managing budgets, managing cash flow and projections, reviewing and preparing financial statements and working to ensure the profitability of the company.
• Management of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable processes.
• Management of Bank Account – performing reconciliations, verifications and handling deposits.
• Oversight of Invoicing and Ensure all billing deadlines are met for month-end closes.
• Monthly general ledger reconciliation.
• Prepare documents for year end and tax filings.
• Review proposal and contracts to ensure proper billing procedures; providing guidance and follow up as needed.
• Review of corporate expense reports.
• Attend recurring meetings with Project Managers to review project status, monthly invoices and billing reconciliations.
• Complete special projects assignments and perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 2 years of progressive accounting experience.
• Solid knowledge of U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
• Ability to make decisions in a timely manner and under pressure.
• Ability to manage team domestic and international members.
• At ease in an environment of change; supports, manages and initiates change within the organization.
• Problem solving, analytical professional.
• BS/BA in Accounting or Finance required; CPA or CMA preferred.
• Highly proficient with Quick Books and Microsoft Office; specifically Excel.
• High degree of initiative, personal responsibility and integrity; positive attitude, flexible.
• Ability to work on and prioritize multiple projects, while meeting required goals and deadlines.