Prominent international trade association is seeking an Accounting Manager. The Accounting Manager will lead all day-to-day accounting operations and supervise a team of six staff members including functional responsibility over accounting and financial reporting, accounts payable, invoicing and accounts receivable, and payroll. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for managing and overseeing all facets of our accounting operations, including the monthly close cycle, financial reporting, internal control, and policy development.
QR Code Link to This Post
• Oversee the activities of the Accounting Department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, and annual audits and annual budgets.
• Ensure the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, employee expense reports, payroll processing and payroll tax compliance.
• Manage the month-end close process and all related accounting including oversight of all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems.
• Establish, implement, and monitor appropriate internal controls and policies to ensure conformance and compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
• Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures.
• Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field, or equivalent work experience required. Professional certification, such as a CPA and/or MBA preferred
• 7+ years experience managing an accounting department.
• 5+ years Non-profit experience preferred
• Solid experience coordinating independent audit activities and managing financial reporting, accounts payable, invoicing and receivables, general ledger, and payroll.
• Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software preferred