compensation: $17 to $20 per hour employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
This position is located at St. Anthony of Padua School in Bailey's Crossroads, VA and will exercise stewardship over the financial resources of the church, school and missions office through timely and accurate recordkeeping and reporting; efficient payment of approved invoices; and maintenance of effective internal control procedures, especially in the handling of
Average Hours Devoted to this Ministry Each Week: ~25
Position Reports to: Parish Business Manager
* Must be a person of faith committed to Gospel values. Must understand and support the mission and purpose of the Church and School.
* Must have knowledge of the principles of accounting and bookkeeping. Must be proficient in Quickbooks and Excel.
* Must be well-organized and able to initiate and complete tasks independently.
* Must combine customer-service orientation with fidelity to approved policies and procedures. Must be able to communicate policies and procedures effectively to others.
* Requires a significant accounting coursework, and at least two years' proven successful experience in a similar position.
Responsibilities and Duties of this Position
* Accounts receivable - audit cash collections, make deposits, and codes to Quickbooks; analyzes offertory collections.
* Accounts payable - processes approved invoices, codes to appropriate accounts in Quickbooks, sets up new vendors, obtains W-9's as needed, and cuts checks; reconciles vendor statements; codes expense reimbursements for clergy; Back up payroll.
* Maintain and prepare clergy Mass stipends; filing; midweek deposits.
* Internal controls-with the Business Manager, develops, implements and monitors internal control procedures; prepares for, responds to, and serves as parish liaison for Diocesan Internal Audit.
* Coordination with affiliates- for parish & school organizations (PTO, CYO, Boy Scouts, etc.); integrates their activity into Quickbooks general ledger.
* Maintains Chart of Accounts.
* Maintains contract, vendor and all other necessary financial files.
• Follows up with families that did NOT pay in-full and does NOT have a FACTS account set up yet
Candidate must complete a background check through the Arlington Diocese. Please submit a cover letter with your resume stating your salary requirements.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers