BITS is a federal contractor providing software development and support services to multiple agencies We are looking for a Staff Accountant and Book Keeper who will be responsible to manage corporate accounts, accounts payable, accounts receivables, bank account reconciliations, salary administration, and other routine accounts related jobs.
• Maintaining General (GL) ledger and reconciliation of the books of accounts.
• Monthly reconciliation of the bank accounts
• Create and dispatch invoices (receivables) to the customers and reconcile receivables with the Books and Bank Account
• Manage vendor payments and enter all the items in the GL and reconcile with the Bank Account
• Enter all kind of PNL entries in the corporate Books
• Enter salary information and reconcile Salary and Establishment cost from the Payroll company with the Books
• Manage statutory payments to government and routine payments to third parties
• Manage 401K accounts, regularly release health insurance premiums, and pay all insurance companies periodically
• QUICK BOOK, Excel, and MS Word experiences are mandatory requirements
• Problem solving, complex accounting adjustment, journal entries, and knowledge of chart of accounts are important requirements
• Work with the HR people and the CFO
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or similar field preferred. Reasonable combination of education and experience acceptable. CPA degree is a big plus.
• Demonstrated experience with payroll management systems.
• Strong skills in finance and accounting are desired
• Strong oral and written communication skills are highly desired.
• Ability to work on-site and remotely, as requested.
• Can work with minimum supervision
• Mus be a team player
The position is initially temporary (20-30 hours per week), with a permanent position likely for the right candidate.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers