compensation: Based on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
The Staff Accountant is responsible for performing routine bookkeeping and accounting, including accounts payable and accounts receivable, general ledger accounting, bank and account reconciliation, as well as other administrative functions.
Specific Essential Duties:
• Process timely and accurate payments of invoices through Yardi cloud software where invoices are launched and routed electronically for approval.
• Input data into accounting system in support of the payables and receivable cycles.
• Record monthly recurring payments such as investor distributions and loan auto-payments.
• Update and monitor utility payments. Most are outsourced, but requires monitoring and communication with bill payer, and occasionally communication with utility providers.
• Complete bank reconciliations on a monthly basis.
• Scan large volume of tenant checks and post to tenant ledger.
• Make tenant account adjustments
• Research data and/or analyze transaction details.
• Make bank deposits weekly.
• Assist in year-end financial processing, including preparation of 1099 forms.
• Perform additional accounting and administrative tasks for the accounting team, as requested.
Education, Training, Skill and Work Experience Requirements:
• Associates degree in business, accounting or related field and at least 2 years of accounting or bookkeeping experience OR five years of accounting or bookkeeping work experience
• Demonstrated ability to be well organized, flexible, dependable and able to handle many tasks simultaneously.
• Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills in English
• Demonstrated ability to work under deadlines; and interact with managers, staff, tenants, property owners, and others encountered in the course of work with a mature, professional demeanor.
• Thorough knowledge of general accounting and general ledger systems and procedures.
• Ability to work independently and with a team with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
• High level of integrity and dependability.
• PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Yardi accounting software, or similar.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers