Manager - Outsourced Accounting - Government Contracting
compensation: Up to $55/Hour employment type: employee's choice
QR Code Link to This Post
Work from home for this exciting growing Outsourced Accounting firm.
I am an Executive Recruiter who specializes in Accounting and Finance positions. I have several areas of concentration:
• Controllers & CFOs for small to mid-sized businesses
• Manager and Partner level for Audit & Tax Partners for local and regional CPA firms
• Assisted CPA firms in being acquired
• Mentor small businesses.
I have a client that is an Outsourced Accounting firm. Besides mentoring the firm, I screen all their potential candidates. I have been doing so for over 5 years. I have known the CEO/President for 12 years.
They are seeking an experienced accounting financial talent to join them. What they need:
• Manager - Outsourced Accounting professional – Government Contracting
o Heavy experience in the Government Contract arena to include:
Understanding of DCAA Compliance
Experience with DCAA pre-award audits
Development and maintenance of Government Compliant accounting and procedures
Indirect Rate calculations
Development and development of the COA (Bases and Pools)
Understanding of the different contract types: Cost Plus, Fixed Fee, T&M, etc.
Experience with QuickBooks a must. UNANET and/or DELTEK a plus
o Prior Outsourcing or Public Accounting experience a plus
o Solid supervisory skills, but not afraid to roll up sleeves and dig in.
Some info about my client:
• Their client base is small to mid-sized clients.
• They provide CFO services and Controllership services. As well as basic accounting and monthly financial statement preparation.
• They have a staff of around 40 professionals divided between employees and 1099 individuals living in 18 different states.
• My client is seeking someone who can commit to 20 Hours/week. If they can do more, that is terrific.
• The work is done remotely from the individual’s home. There may be one or two meetings a month by phone lasting about 2 hours to explain the financials, budgets or other reports. These typically take place between 10-2.
• Some of the staff have their own existing consulting practices, but just need additional work. This is perfectly OK. Both parties sign a non-compete not to steal each other’s clients.
• My client charges for the level of work performed not the level of the person doing the work.
• My client is very process oriented. He believes in not just doing the work but tries to improve his client’s processes and procedures. Many of his clients are currently paying less per month now then a year ago, mostly due to improved efficiencies.
• Although most of our clients are in the Washington DC area, over half of our staff live elsewhere. We have staff from Washington State to Florida to Massachusetts. All working from home.
If this sounds interesting to you and you have the qualifications required, I would welcome the chance to discuss this opportunity with you. Please respond with a copy of your resume. I will keep your resume confidential and will not present to anyone, including my client, without your permission.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers