compensation: Salary based on experience, Simple IRA, Bonusable, 2 weeks PTO + 10 paid holidays employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Spectrum, Inc. General Contracting is an Energetic, Creative and Growing Interior General Contractor based in Tysons. We offer an open environment for enthusiastic individuals who will excel working in a fast-paced industry. We believe our core strengths are the integrity of our coworkers. We are searching for an individual to take on the Project Accountant role. Qualified candidates should forward their resume/cover letter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Daily processing of Accounts Payable invoices
2. Review subcontractor invoices in RedTeam/QB
3. Communicate with Project Managers and Subcontractors regarding POs and invoices
4. Develops a thorough understanding of every project
5. Attend weekly staff meeting and prepare AR statements
6. Process invoices on a daily basis. Prepare check runs as required.
7. Review, correct and organize vendor invoices and create vouchers for data entry
8. Set up vendors in accounting system and maintain reconciled records.
9. Organize and confirm compliance of venders Workman's Compensation, etc.
10. Professionally respond to vendors inquiries promptly and in a positive manner
11. Route and track vender invoices for approval from Project Managers, etc..
12. Assist organize monthly accounting reports
13. Date, match and verify purchase orders to corresponding invoices.
14. Processing payment of venders and providing appropriate documentation.
15. Understands budgeting, cost control, schedule, anticipated cost and project profitability
16. Prepare and send lien waivers as necessary
17. Review check runs to make sure Project Managers are only paying funded invoices
18. Assist Project Managers and Assistant Project Managers in collecting items for special billings
19. Work with Project Managers to accelerate payments of all outstanding invoices
20. Place follow-up calls as required to resolve issues
21. Proactively resolve problems and open issues related to projects
Qualifications and experience:
1. Two + years experience working with Accounts Payable and/or Accounts Receivable.
2. BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field
3. Construction Management or General Contractor experience
4. Experience invoicing clients.
5. Proficiency in account reconciliation.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
7. Working knowledge of RedTeam preferred
8. Must know Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook
9. Must have a working knowledge of QB/QBO
10. Must be self-motivated & punctual
11. Must be able to manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow up skills
12. Properly retain necessary documentation for recorded transactions.
13. Experience in performing or assisting with the month-end close.
14. Preferred Qualifications: Experience with the construction industry.
15. Preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations.
16. Strong time management, organizational, attention to detail and communication skills.
17. Team player attitude.
18. Ability to work independently.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers