We are searching for detail-oriented, analytical Accounts Receivable Professional to assist the department as it receives, processes, and collects on goods sold or services rendered. The Accounts Receivable Professional will work closely with internal departments to ensure that accounts are properly billed and that payments are collected on time. You will also review account information, correct discrepancies, and speak to clients to establish better payment terms.
QR Code Link to This Post
To succeed as an Accounts Receivable Professional, you should be a skilled and thorough researcher with excellent communication and record keeping skills. You should be detail-oriented, organized, and self-motivated with strong math and computer skills.
Accounts Receivable Responsibilities:
• Processing, verifying, and posting receipts for goods sold or services rendered.
• Researching and resolving account discrepancies.
• Processing and recording transactions
• Maintaining records regarding payments and account statuses.
• Obtaining information from other departments to ensure records are accurate and complete and that accounts receivable ledgers and journals are up to date.
• Assist in streamlining and improving the AR process.
• Performing administrative and clerical tasks, such as data entry, preparing invoices, sending bill reminders, filing paperwork, and contacting clients to discuss their accounts.
• Generating reports and statements for internal use.
• Engaging in ongoing educational opportunities to update job knowledge.
• Other related duties as required.
Accounts Receivable Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
• Combination of education and experience may be accepted.
• 2 or more years of experience.
• Excellent communication, research, problem solving, and time management skills.
• High level of accuracy, efficiency, and accountability.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to build relationships with clients and internal departments.
• Knowledge of various collection techniques.
• Familiar with sales/use tax.
• Stress tolerance with a sense of urgency. Time management.
• QuickBooks and Excel expertise required.