compensation: $55K-$170K, depending on experience employment type: employee's choice
QR Code Link to This Post
Ross & Moncure is seeking a high-energy accountant to join its individual tax team. The position would entail the preparation, analysis and review of US individual income tax returns. The new hire, in addition to preparing annual income tax returns for clients, would consult on tax legislation to assist clients with tax planning and forecasting. Ross & Moncure's clientele expects continuity; therefore, the preferred candidate would stay with the firm for 3+ years. A period less than this would not allow for the rapport and trust that we seek to establish with clients. There is the opportunity to grow into other practice areas, and the position consists of extensive client interface. This position is ideal for accountants looking for a flexible work schedule, or experiencing burn-out after working at a larger firm.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- University-level coursework in accounting or taxation
- 1+ years of experience in the field
- An active JD, CPA or EA (enrolled agent) license, or the desire to work toward one of these designations
- The ability to research, comprehend and explain the implications of evolving compliance requirements
- The ability to comfortably interact with clients in person or via phone
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, ProSystems tax software, and Bloomberg tax research tools
- The preparation, analysis and review of US individual income tax returns
- The generation of tax planning ideas based on the analysis of forecasts and tax returns
- The preparation of documentation supporting analysis and conclusions, including assessments of tax risk and options for mitigation
- Form 1040 -- U.S. Individual Income Tax Return
- Form 1040NR -- U.S. Nonresident Individual Income Tax Return
- Form 114 -- FINCEN Report of Foreign Bank Accounts
- Form 8938 -- Statement of Foreign Financial Assets
There is the option to expand into the following forms, with on-the-job training offered:
- Form 1120 -- U.S. Corporation Income Tax Return
- Form 1065 -- U.S. Partnership Income Tax Return- Form 990 -- U.S. Return of Organization Exempt From Income Tax
- Form 5471 -- Information Return of U.S. Persons With Respect to Certain Foreign Corporations
- Form 8621 -- Information Return by a Shareholder of a Passive Foreign Investment Company or Qualified Electing Fund
- Form 8865 -- Return of U.S. Persons With Respect to Certain Foreign Partnerships
Ross & Moncure is a public accounting firm specializing in the taxation of small and medium-sized business enterprises (SMEs), high-net-worth individuals, multinational individuals, non-immigrant visa holders, freelancers and contractors, and the US operations of foreign corporations. The firm provides tax planning and preparation services, highly-customized Professional Employer Organization (PEO) services, and reporting and consulting services relating to the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) and cross-border compliance requirements.
Ross & Moncure is a small firm with a family-like atmosphere. Our office is largely open-plan. Team members are expected to be available to one another to consult on client issues throughout the day. Projects are delegated from the top, and performance is measured in terms of output and client satisfaction -- team members are given a lot of autonomy in terms of style and time management. Individuals are encouraged to ask for help and guidance as needed. During tax season, everyone works hard and comes together to get the job done. Outside of tax season, the firm is extremely flexible in terms of hours (we are open to off-season flex-time arrangements, and last-minute vacations are almost always approved).
Kindly reply with a cover letter and CV. We would appreciate it if you would NOT call our office to inquire about this position.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers