PROJECT MANAGER/ ESTIMATOR - COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION (NORTHERN VIRGINIA)
compensation: SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER WITH SALARY REQUIREMENTS employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
PROJECT MANAGER/ ESTIMATOR - COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION
Local General Contractor is looking for a qualified commercial construction Project Manager/Estimator with experience in estimating and managing projects. The ideal individual will have client and subcontractor relationships and the ability and plan for developing new client and subcontractor relationships. The candidate must possess the ability to manage work, acquire work, win work and exceed Division goals.
Estimating Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Initial review, interpretation and analysis of project documents to determine project needs (subcontractors, materials, etc.).
● Prepare estimates and the necessary information for the submittal of proposals or bids.
● Review project proposal or bid to determine time frame, budget limitations, procedures for accomplishing project.
● Work together with Project Management team to establish project schedule for each phase of project, and arranges for appropriate subcontractor personnel.
● Provide Development team conceptual estimates based on conceptual plans, drawings, and other preliminary information.
● Prepare project reports and financial budgets for executive leadership, client, or others.
● Business Development and lead generation to acquire new work.
● Quality decision-making and conflict resolution.
● Positive working relationship with all project participants.
● Enforcement all of the company policies.
Project Manager Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• The ability and experience to market and provide business development for new opportunities, in order to ascertain work to sustain the company’s goals and budgets for each year.
• Candidate must possess an extensive contact and client list to enable company to acquire work, subcontractor list to ascertain the work
• Initial review, interpret and analyze project documents to determine project needs (subcontractors, materials, etc.)
• Prepare estimates and the necessary information for the submittal of proposals or bids.
• Review project proposals or bids to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
• Establish project schedules for each phase of project, and arrange for appropriate subcontractor personnel.
• Consult with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
• Continuous direction and coordination of activities by project personnel to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget.
• Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modify the schedules or plans as required.
• Prepare project reports and financial forecasts for executive leadership, client, or others.
• Complete responsibility for cost-management including change order preparation, receipt of prompt payments by client, prompt payments to subcontractors and vendors, etc.
• Effectively manage several on-going projects concurrently.
• Ability to lead, organize, plan, manage, and execute projects.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
• Ability to successfully construct and negotiate contracts.
• Quality decision-making and conflict resolution.
• Positive working relationship with all project participants.
• Ensure that projects are operated and managed in an ethical manner at all times.
• Ensure that all issues are addressed, solutions presented and issues resolved and the results are monitored and documented.
• Demonstrated experience in the preparation of comprehensive project budgets and extensive knowledge of project financial monitoring, tracking and reporting.
• Ensure client satisfaction.
• Enforce all of the company policies, including safety.
● Attitude and Work Ethic: Must be a team player, creative problem solver, and open to new ideas. Positive working relationships with all project personnel is a must.
● Organization and Management: Must be a well organized person who keeps track of all administrative materials and personnel items. Must be able to prioritize tasks and responsibilities while leading and executing bids and proposals.
● Schedules and Deadlines: Must be able to schedule all aspects of estimating and ensure all deadlines and commitments are met.
● Communication: Must be able to communicate clearly with all company personnel, clients, subcontractors and project parties to be able to productively and successfully resolve conflicts and issues.
Education and Experience
● Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
● Ability to read, analyze, and interpret plans, drawings, specifications, and legal documents.
● Ability to professionally respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, subcontractors, or members of the business community.
● Ability to effectively present information to executive leadership, clients, and subcontractors.
● Strong computer skills (Microsoft, excel, other programs)
SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER WITH SALARY REQUIREMENTS
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers