Do you have 5 years of experience in development and fundraising?
Do you enjoy building fundraising systems and being hands-on?
We are currently in search of a Development Manager for a Global Health Organization. The position is based in Arlington, VA. This is a Full Time, Permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Global Health Nonprofit
LOCATION: Arlington, VA
POSITION TITLE: Development Manager
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $80,000 - 90,000/annual
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the CEO, this position is responsible for building a fundraising program by identifying new prospects. The candidate will cultivate individual donors, corporations and foundations. The candidate will be the first development member of this growing team and have the opportunity to roll up their sleeves, build fundraising systems and contribute their expertise. The candidate will be a hands-on and collaborative individual that is detail-oriented and eager to be an integral part of an expanding team of hard-working and passionate professionals.
Our Ideal Candidate:
• 5+ years of experience in fundraising and development
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Experience working in a global health organization or association is preferred
• Strong background in cultivating donors and has the ability to effectively communicate a mission
• Passionate about improving global health and working with a scientific organization
• A self-starter that is organized, detail-oriented and able to handle multiple projects and deadlines
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal
• Experience with donor databases is a big plus
How You Will Spend Your Day:
• Develop and build a strong diversified fundraising program
• Identify new prospects among individual donors, foundations and corporations
• Work closely with the CEO to develop strategies and program initiatives
• Oversee the donor acknowledgement system
• Identify and cultivate exhibitors for the Annual Meeting
• Plan and implement special events
• Other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not the best fit for you?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Have you heard of GROWTHtrack? Sign up today for this FREE professional development webinar designed for your professional progress at careersinnonprofits.com/growthtrack. Conducted weekly.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers