7/6-7/12: Summer Camp (Virtual) for 1st to 12th Grade - Fun, Math, Engineering!
QR Code Link to This Post
The Center for Diversity in Engineering at the University of Virginia is proud to announce the opening
of the virtual summer school CDE Circle Project.
Objectives: The purpose of this program is to engage our engineering students with the community
and create a pathway of discovery for 1st-12th grade students by introducing them to Math, Science
and Engineering concepts online in a fun engaging way.
Class Duration: Classes will take place Monday through Friday from 2 to 5 PM EST. Each class will
extend over one or two weeks depending on its level and contents.
Class content: Our students offer to teach a wide range of topics for kids of grades 1 to 12 covering
• Physics of flight, collisions, amusement parks, time travel, and superheroes
• Forensics and crime investigation
• Coding for gamers 101, website design
• Game theory, the math behind decision making, geometry, origami and solving the
• Basics of the economy and business planning: create your lemonade stand
• Engineering design process
• The Human Body: A Feat of Engineering
• Engineering our immune system
• The Science and chemistry of food, fermentation, cooking
• The Earth and sustainability
• Science and ethics of infectious diseases
Registration: you can register for as many classes as you wish. Use the following link to register for
classes and to learn more about the content and schedule of every class.
Costs: Registration fee is $120/week (equating to 15 hours of class per week). Classes are limited to 10
participants to allow instructors to tailor instruction more individually and to minimize disruption.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers