Mt. Tam Innovations, LLC has an exciting opportunity for a Learning Technology Developer with experience in Moodle/Totara, eLearning authoring and additional coding (CSS/HTML) skills. This resource will provide ongoing technical support and maintenance for our new and fast-growing Moodle-based Virtual Learning Environment, Totara, as well as configuring future upgrade from Totara 11 to Totara 12 and successful integration with other key business systems and processes.
QR Code Link to This Post
We are looking for someone that will love making everything we touch better, faster and more efficient.
This is a great opportunity to work with a proven tech entrepreneur in the early stages of a rapidly growing organization where you will have valuable input and contributions. MTI is a genuine Agile and Start-up environment, a very collaborative and tech-obsessed team.
• Must be an independent contractor
• Project requires 40-50 hours of development to be completed in 1-3 weeks
• Project will run May 1- May 26 – if you are available to start and finish earlier that is ideal
• An additional 10 hours of maintenance per quarter
• Resource will work remote and be available on Eastern Standard Time
• $65-$75/hr commensurate on experience
• Build on learning platforms (based on Moodle)
• Fixes and enhancements
• Deliver high-quality code, working in an environment that strives for innovation
• A small amount of server admin and dev ops
• Collaborate with other product owner and learning technologists
• Comfortable talking to, demonstrating and deploying to customers
• Design, communicate, implement and test new features, components, and functionality
• A background in Moodle and Totara
• Know how to create high quality, scalability, and secure tech
• You are experienced with modern coding, testing, debugging and automation techniques
• You care about front and back end web technologies, from the UI to the database
• You can navigate relational databases
• Familiarity with some (preferably all of): PHP7, MySQL, HTML5, AWS, Ubuntu
• An excellent problem solver and have the ability to architect a solution based on general requirements and discussions
• Familiar with standard professional software development processes including working from requirements and standards documents, task estimation, documenting designs, source code control, unit testing
• Able to express and communicate thoughts and ideas (both written and verbally) to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Analytical, organized, detail-oriented and self-directed
• Able to work well alone or within a small team is a start-up environment
Apply via Craig's List with your resume and availability.