Global Language Center (GLC) is a Woman Owned small business providing a wide array of professional language services to the US Government and commercial clients worldwide. Founded in 1996, GLC has grown because of our superb performance, care of employees, and in-depth language expertise. We offer several language services customized to our clients’ organizational or individual needs covering over 60 different languages and dialects such as foreign language instruction and cultural awareness training to a wide range of Government employees.
GLC has been working with the State Department for the last 12 years providing foreign language training for new and continuing Foreign Service Officers, Diplomats and Ambassadors. During this time, we have increased our full-time staff to over 240 instructors, curriculum developers, testers, distance learning mentors, and management and support staff.
GLC is currently accepting resumes for a Danish Language and Culture Instructor to work on active government contract.
The following requirements are mandatory for this position:
* A minimum of three (3) years of experience teaching adult learners the foreign language they will be providing to FSI in a classroom setting (2 or more students).
* BA/BS,MA/MS,or Ph.D.,or foreign equivalent degree(s) in any field.
* A minimum of three (3) years of experience teaching foreign language with
proficiency-based or task- based curricula.
* A minimum of one (1) year of experience administering proficiency-based assessments
(i.e., DLPT, ACT- FL OPI, etc.).
* A minimum English proficiency level of a 2:2 on the ILR proficiency scale.
* Candidates must be educated native or near-native speakers
of the language preferably Level 4 or higher on the ILR proficiency scale.
* Candidates must possess the cultural background of the specific
country or geographical region required by submitting proof of being raised or educated in said
country, by living in a cultural enclave or heritage community in another country, or by demonstrating
through work experience or academic preparation a deep understanding of the region.
• Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the education
requirements if you can show that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an
accredited educational institution in the United States.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers