We are looking for an experienced Spanish Preschool Teacher for our program.
We are a Spanish-English immersion school with 4 different locations in Arlington, Springfield, Vienna and Georgetown, DC.
The Lead Teacher will:
-Assist in implementing the Center's policies and procedures;
-Plan and teach challenging and insightful daily lessons based on the curriculum for advanced children, including the following subject areas: reading, writing, mathematics, social studies, science and technology, and art;
- Ensure basic school and classroom maintenance by cleaning up and caring for materials in classroom and the playground (and teaches children to do the same), and other related duties as assigned;
-Assess strengths, interests, and needs of all of the children in the class and communicate this with administrative staff;
-Lead and/or participate in school activities including, but not limited to, recitals, themed parties, and events;
- Complete formal and informal assessments on each child that inform and guide curriculum development for individuals and small groups;
-Provide a safe, secure and educational environment and direct, active supervision for children in class and at our school;
-Attend in-service training programs and complete continuing education requirements, as required;
-Efficiently communicate and collaborate regularly with the administration about the development of the children;
* BA in Elementary Education or related field
* At least two years of prior classroom experience
* Demonstrated knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Superior classroom management skills
* Ability to solve problems and practice behavior guidance
* Ability to produce weekly lesson plans and present to administrative staff
* Ability to provide active supervision at all times
* Fluent English speaker a must
* Must be a self-disciplined and dependable team player
* Ability to follow school policies and procedures
* Various other responsibilities that vary by classroom/age
* Must be able to physically lift up to 50 pounds, on a daily basis and at any given time during the workday to carry and care for the children if necessary.
Paid holidays, paid vacation, paid training courses with an education institute. We offer Health Insurance. Personal days and sick days.
Job Type: Full-time
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers