Animated Child is seeking an enrichment teacher to start training. We have a strong preference for self-starting candidates who are interested in learning the importance of early childhood development and being a part of a cohesive team in a family environment.
Position Summary: The Enrichment Lead Teacher is responsible for providing engaging, enriching and empowering S.T.E.A.M. activities to students at school sites via Animated Child Enrichment Center programs. Experience can be in the following: working with school age youth; experience working with at-risk populations and prior work with groups in education and youth development; experience providing school based / school-related programming preferred.
* 18 years of age
* Applicants must be able to pass an extensive Criminal Background and Fingerprint check.
* Applicants must be willing to attend training programs
* B.S./ A.S. in education, technology or related degrees
*** Applications must include a minimum of 2 work related supervisory references. Signed written references alongside email and phone contact details are preferred. If this isn't feasible, please just supply an email address and phone number for your references. ****** Applications without references will not be considered ***
* Education / technology students with 12 or more credits may apply.
* Certifications: CPR with AED and First Aid.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Within the philosophy, objectives and policies of Animated Child, the Enrichment Lead Teacher carries out the following duties and responsibilities.
* Deliver high-quality engaging and enriching classes.
* Use student-directed learning strategies to implement Project-based Learning (PBL) opportunities to enrolled students that allow learners to explore S.T.E.A.M. topics of high interest to them; through in-depth learning experiences using Animated Child Enrichment Curriculum.
* Ensure that activities comply with Animated Child Enrichment and NAEYC rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
* Support inclusive activities for enrolled students.
* Develop and facilitate presentations on academic and personal enrichment topics at vendor and parent /family events.
* Support Enrichment Specialist in implementing evaluation activities and collecting data to improve services and Animated Child Enrichment Curriculum.
* Ability to build and maintain professional working relationships with other team members, school personnel, community/service providers, and supervisors.
* Ability to work with school age children.
* Ability to work with individuals from diverse cultural, ethnic and social groups.
* Ability to operate a vehicle.
* Demonstrated knowledge and ability to work independently and as a team member.
* Ability to manage time efficiently and meet deadlines.