The Finishing School is a unique, creative, fun, and educational way for children to learn all they need to know about sewing. We’re looking for an experienced Sewing Instructor to teach our children’s sewing classes. Our enrollment is growing rapidly, and we are looking to add on an additional member for our team ASAP! If you have experience working with children and sewing arts, this may be the right fit for you! We offer part-time hours with afternoon, evening, and weekend schedules available.
- Sewing machine skills
- Availability Weekdays between 4:20-7:45 P.M. and some Saturday mornings
- 1 year commitment
- Passionate about Sewing
- Responsible, Reliable, and trustworthy
- Must have a car and drive
- Must be able to lift 10 lbs. (sewing machines and fabric bolts)
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Business casual dress attire
- Enjoy working with children
- Have a fun, nurturing and compassionate personality
- Fun spirited, patient and kind
- Friendly Smile
- Highly organized
- Color vision is also required for matching fabrics
- Must be prompt, self-motivated, dependable, and highly organized.
- Ability to supervise groups of students and utilize positive behavior management strategies
- Ability to communicate and function as a member of a team.
- Ability to deal with concerns in a courteous and professional manner.
- greeting teachers, children, and families,
- Ideal candidates must enjoy working with young children, be team focused, dependable, enthusiastic, able to communicate in English verbally and in writing
- The employee must be able to see up close and at a distance, as well as use peripheral vision and depth perception, and be able to look at, read for long periods of time.
DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITES:
- Teach the class by the TFS curriculum
- Stay on task to daily expectations of students, if not on task, report concerns to manager
- Always ensure the safety of the children at the site and be aware about safety precautions
- Provide feedback about the progress of the class to manager
- Aid in setup of the facility before classes
- Breakdown of facility after classes and disinfecting equipment and tools
- Report any illnesses or bad behavior to manager
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to speak effectively before parents and families
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time; reach for tools and objects with hands and arms; climb stairs; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; ability to bend, twist and stand; move throughout the store; and talk to and hear students.
We are interviewing immediately and looking for the perfect candidate to join our team within the next two-three weeks. Apply and schedule an interview today!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers