Looking for Caretaker/RPM Instructor for Autistic Youth (Purcellville)
compensation: $15-$18 hour, depending on experience employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
LOOKING FOR CHILD-CARE HELP FOR SWEET BOY WITH AUTISM
Our son (13) is mostly non-verbal & incredibly sweet. Looking for someone who is willing to learn (or already has experience with) how to use a “letter board” to communicate with our son and have him learn about age appropriate academic and real world “stuff”. We are also looking for someone who can hang out with our son--take him on adventures and keep him safe. If you already have experience with autism and the Rapid Prompting Method (RPM), that's a bonus, but it is not a requirement.
You will need a car to take our son out. You must be comfortable holding on firmly to his hands, being ready to move (he's fast!), taking him for walks (he loves being outdoors), giving him occasional sensory squeezes, and being firm about behaving at home/in public. This position would be best for active people.
We are a very busy, friendly, flexible family who manages the chaos well and is searching for someone to jump right in and become a manager of the chaos as well. Bonus points go to people who can help with meals and take our son for hikes.
• Ages of Care Recipients: 13
• Diagnosis: Sensory Integration Disorder, Autism, Speech Delay, ADHD
• Looking for help a few days after school through bedtime (from 3pm - 8:45pm), and one weekend day. Hours will change in the summer.
• Pay: $15 - $18/hour
• MUST BE 18 OR OLDER
• Comfortable with pets
• Must have reliable transportation (we live in Purcellville, VA)
• Must be able to pass background check
• We may ask you to help with some basic household clean-up related to my son (laundry folding, sweeping up after him, washing dishes, etc.)
If you're interested, please email with a description of any previous experience, as well as your availability. Previous experience is not a requirement, however! Just a willingness to learn, and a sense of humor!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers